This Job posting has expired.
PART-TIME VISITING DEMONSTRATION TEACHER (ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, K-8 EXTENDED DAY PROGRAM)
FANNY EDEL FALK LABORATORY SCHOOL
University of Pittsburgh
4060 Allequippa Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15261
PART-TIME VISITING DEMONSTRATION TEACHER
(ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, K-8 EXTENDED DAY PROGRAM)
Falk Laboratory School, a coeducational K-8 school in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, seeks a part-time Assistant Director of Extended Day Program for children grades K-8 from 2:30 pm to 6:30 pm for the 2019 – 2020 academic year.
The incumbent plans, organizes, and supervises activities designed to meet the physical, emotional, and intellectual needs, and to assure the care and safety of children enrolled in the extended day program. Position provides supervised activities for students during non-school hours. Performing duties to support student social development. The incumbent works under the supervision of the Director of Extended Day Program. Work is guided by state guidelines, professional practice, school policies and procedures, and directions and expectations as established by the administration.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Enforce the policies, rules, and regulations of the extended day program as outlined by Falk School’s Extended Day handbook.
- Works cooperatively with the Director of Extended Day Program in supervising, scheduling, and evaluating childcare workers.
- Works cooperatively with the Head of School and members of the school community.
- Develops daily programs for age-appropriate groups of children which include a mixture of enrichment classes and recreational activities.
- Responds to questions and inquiries from staff and parents regarding care practices from an informed knowledge base. Interpret and apply written instructions from parents.
- Keeps accurate and complete records of staff hours and timecards.
- Determines supplies and equipment and maintain inventory required for program and oversees correct use of such items.
- Be responsible for the order arrangement, appearance of the Extended Day classroom or designated areas.
- InformsDirector of Extended Day Program of unusual problems, or when conferences with parents are warranted.
- Assists in program evaluation and development to improve quality and implement new ideas.
A Bachelor’s degree in Education or Child Development or a related field, and two or more years’ experience in education, early childhood development, physical education, or recreation is required. Master’s degree is preferred. Incumbent must have successful experience in:
- Working with culturally diverse families and communities, or have demonstrated a commitment to strengthening engagement of a diverse community and skill in communicating with a diverse population.
- Working in a supervisory capacity with children in a group setting such as classroom, day care, or recreation.
Must be trained in first aid and CPR. Defibrillator training will be provided by the school.
Materials should be uploaded electronically to: http://www.education.pitt.edu/facultysearch. Letters of inquiry or questions can be sent to Ms. Daryl Godfrey, email@example.com Ms. Haniza Yaacob-Ritz, firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin August, 2019, and continue until the position is filled.
Offer of employment is contingent on candidate satisfactorily obtaining and passing the following prior to commencement of appointment: Pennsylvania Department of Human Services Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check and FBI Criminal Record Check. Also, as required by Act 168 of 2014, candidate must satisfy the requirements stated on the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Department of Education Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure Release Form.
The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity and diversity. EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled.
This Job posting has expired.